CURE BOATING CLUB (est. 1868)
The Cure Boating Club is situated in Kaiapoi within the Waimakariri District of North Canterbury. The club rooms and boat shed are based 'riverside' on Raven Quay, downstream from the Williams Street Bridge in the centre of town and overlooks the beautiful Kaiapoi River.
We have been training and holding rowing events on the Kaiapoi and Waimakariri Rivers since 1868. The Boating Club was established to "cure" the fierce rivalry between professional Kaiapoi river rowing crews that used to meet for high profile races on the Waimakariri and Kaiapoi rivers in the early 1860's.
The Cure Boating Club has a competitive senior rowing squad, a competitive master's membership and local high schools rowing programme in conjunction with Rangiora and Kaiapoi High Schools.
Membership mainly comes from the North Canterbury region and the surrounding towns of Rangiora and Kaiapoi.